Enrollment for the winter semester of the academic year 2019/2020, 2-nd degree studies starts on May 2019.
Steps of the recruitment process:
Open an account at the enrolment portal: rekrutacja.pjwstk.edu.pl
You will get an activation link. Once your account has been activated you will get access to your profile. Fill in the forms and upload a photo. Remember to choose the field of study. If there is a qualifying interview, choose the date which is most convenient for you.
Gathers the required documents and bring them to the Enrolment Office (Biuro Rekrutacji). You can also send them by post (registered mail) or courier.
1. A signed application for admission:
- You can get a copy from the Enrolment Office
- You can print it from Your individual account at Enrolment portal
2. A protocol form qualifying procedure;
3. A diploma confirming completion of studies of I or II degree with supplement – original.
4. Translation of the diploma (excluding documents in Polish or English);
5. Apostille (if necessary);
6. A copy of an official ID (to be confirmed by us against the original)(obligatory for foreigners);
7. A digital version of photography (uploaded to the enrolment portal at the registration);
8. A copy of payment for the qualifying interview (75zł).
IMPORTANT: Foreigners (excluding Polish and EU citizens) need to show a passport with a valid visa and health insurance, e.g. a policy valid for at least 3 months.
Admission is based on the assessment of portfolios and qualifying interviews.
I Stage of Qualification:
The aspiration to MA studies is conditional upon holding a BA graduation diploma from a tertiary institution in line with the Bologna system (art diploma is not compulsory).
The PJAIT graduates, who have graduated from its BA studies in the English program and obtained a score higher than 3, shall be accepted to MA studies without entrance examination.
The PJAIT graduates, who have graduated from its BA studies in the Polish program and obtained a score higher than 3, shall be qualified for an interview and need to pass it with a score higher or equal 3.
Other candidates, and those PJAIT graduates who have defended their diplomas and obtained a score of 3, are obliged to present:
A portfolio including selected graphic/multimedia/information/communication projects (up to 10 selected projects, described to indicate the used visual/multimedia means, technologies, and tools, project objective, and in the case of group projects – the scope of own activity, illustrated in an interactive .pdf of max. 20mb).
- A cover letter including information on the candidate's skills, knowledge and competence, as well as motivation for undertaking the studies in the speciality concerned ( the concept of MA project), 1 A4 page. It should be sent together with the portfolio.
Two letters of recommendation (from teachers or employers) or a letter and a BA diploma review. It should be sent together with the portfolio.
The presented materials shall be reviewed and evaluated by a commission composed of: an IT expert, a Theoretician, a Designer.
The objective of this part of the examination is ensuring that the candidate's skills and knowledge are sufficient to undertake the MA studies.
- readiness to mature and independent design problem-solving;
- design knowledge and workshop skills;
- social competence.
Grading scale 2–5;
Having completed the above part, the candidate may be directed to the second part, or be offered a complementary course.
II stage of qualification:
An interview with one of the teachers leading the project path selected by the candidate, and with the English language teacher. The objective of this interview is an assessment of the candidate's communication skills and their readiness to the selected program path.
Submitting dates of electronical portfolio:
Terms of an interview in 2019:
Within two weeks from the decision of the Committee, you need to pay the admission fee and sign the contract (which will specify mutual obligations between the school and you and vice versa). Please remember to bring your ID and proof of payment of admission fee (the latter can be sent to us by e-mail beforehand).
If you are sponsored by the employer there is a possibility of signing a trilateral contract School-Student-Sponsor. please let us know in advance that you wish to sign this type of contract.
Fees should be paid to your individual account number visible on your profile in the registration portal (rekrutacja.pjwstk.edu.pl) or to the general-purpose school accounts:
Bank Millennium S.A.
Ul. Stanisława Żaryna 2A
account number: 41 1160 2202 0000 0003 5249 4962
account number PL41 1160 2202 0000 0003 5249 4962
In the payment title, please write your full name, type of payment and choose a field of study, e.g. Jan Nowak, admission fee, graphic design.